HKUST Foshan Research Institute for Smart Manufacturing
HKUST Foshan Research Institute for Smart Manufacturing (FRISM) is established within the Clear Water Bay campus of HKUST, with the sponsorship provided by the Foshan Municipal Government. FRISM intends to facilitate the collaborative innovation and R&D activities between HKUST and Foshan with an emphasis on technical areas related to smart manufacturing and their technology transfer, commercialization, and entrepreneurship, eventually making tangible impacts to the industries and economy of the Greater Bay Area.
- Manage Foshan HKUST Projects program with an emphasis on technical areas related to smart manufacturing.
- Organize HKUST 1M$ Entrepreneurship Competition Foshan Regional Competition.
- Coordinate the R&D activities between Foshan and Hong Kong.
- Assist HKUST Foshan Center for Technology Transfer and Commercialization on matters related to incubation and entrepreneurship.
- Identify technologies and talents in HK and mainland China that are suitable for Foshan.
- Coordinate activities and events to promote the exchange between Foshan and Hong Kong.